Story by: Katana Collins, Sean Murphy
Art by: Matteo Scalera
Colors by: Dave Stewart
Letters by: AndWorld
Gotham City’s elusive serial killer, the Starlet, and her mysterious benefactor reach the pinnacle of their power, terrorizing the city and teasing the GCPD with strange clues and a famous new victim. Harley goes rogue and hunts down a shocking major lead in the case, but her ruthless style backfires and she puts herself at the mercy of Commissioner Montoya for a shot at redemption. When FBI Agent Hector Quimby becomes an ally in a crucial moment, he and Harley forge a partnership that will soon take them down a familiar and ominous road.
The Joker is dead, Bruce Wayne is behind bars…and Gotham City is just starting to redefine itself without Batman. As Harley Quinn struggles to adjust to her new life as the mother of Jack Napier’s twins, an elusive mastermind called the Producer seizes the moment to assemble a crew of villains-starting with the Starlet, a serial killer who murders Gotham’s golden age film stars in homage to their silver screen roles. When a recent, gruesome crime scene suggests a connection to The Joker, the GTO, and FBI agent Hector Quimby turn to Harley as the one person with information that could crack the case. With some help from Bruce, Harley agrees to investigate-but to protect her children and her city from a fatal final act, Harley must flirt with madness and confront her own past.
I’ve seen Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) three times, now. Yes, it just open this weekend and yes, I DID love it that much.
I am back (and still trying to recover from) my first con of the year – Planet Comicon! While we had a ton of fun this year, it certainly wiped me out – and we only attended two days!
So, early last year I picked up the Art of Harley Quinn book, and decided around the time of my first two cons of the year, I’d start having artists sign it that were in the book or worked on Harley art I love.
I decided to ask my followers on Instagram (@angelyoung13 for anyone interested) to suggest some favorites they’d like to know. So, here were some of my top favorites I was asked for:
The last two weekends, I’ve wanted to do some mini trips to comic shops, etc. And, the last two weekends, the weather has decided to snow a ton and keep me cooped up in the house.
It’s no secret that Sean Murphy’s Batman: White Knight was a massive hit with readers. Gorgeous art by the same guy writing it? A cured Joker? TWO HARLEYS?! Not to mention the loads of other fantastic plot points and interesting character twists that really make this book stand out.
The Comic Book Stor-Folio is a handy dandy little box that opens up for you to slide comics into, either to carry around in your normal life or shop trips, or for cons. I was wanting one of these bad boys for a while, and just before Wizard World St Louis, I decided to order one to give it a proper go.
IT WAS AMAZING!
My first time out with it, it was for the con. It fit perfectly into my new con bag, and it’s super light (well, when it’s empty), so it isn’t like I’m hauling around some heavy duty thing. Enough junk has to get stuffed into my con bag as it is, so light was definitely a plus.
This was really beneficial to me in two ways:
- Putting fancier books into the Stor-Folio to protect them a little more, even if they were already bagged and boarded.
- Putting things that aren’t bagged and boarded, like a decent haul from a 15 for $10 booth, in for protection, so they didn’t get all banged up and destroyed in my bag.
The Stor-Folio can hold around 15 current or silver age books, and has this fancy little slot on the front, where you can put in some art to make it look cooler, or store an extra comic. I’d like to put some nifty art in there, myself. Just need to decide on something.
Anyway, I’ve obviously used this for con, but I’ve taken it to shops a few times so I can store my books in my bag and know they’re well protected. It’ll probably go with me the next time I go to New York or anywhere similar, where I go into a lot of shops.
This little baby is currently full of books that are heading to FanExpo Canada with me in roughly three weeks. I’m so excited! Expect a post on my packing progress within the next few weeks.
This is it, folks! Nearly a month away from my first trip to Canada, and my first time at Fan Expo. Here’s what’s new:
- Flight – BOOKED! I arrive Thursday, return Sunday. It’s all fancy and official. Which leads to…
- I’ve figured out my transportation to the hotel from the airport, and vice versa.
- MY FREAKING PASSPORT FINALLY CAME IN! Which, you know, was pretty vital for this adventure.
- I have tickets to the con! I went with the Premium Package, because it comes with some exciting goodies:
PREMIUM PACKAGE INCLUDES THE DELUXE FAN EXPO PASS, PLUS:
• Admission to all 4 days of FAN EXPO CANADA™
• Access to Special Preview on Thursday at 2pm
• Exclusive Priority Access into buildings
• Exclusive Premium Lounge Access
• Limited Edition FAN EXPO CANADA™ Premium Badge
• Exclusive FAN EXPO CANADA™ Bag
• Exclusive Comic from Major Publisher
• Limited Edition Superhero Lithograph
• Exclusive Collectible
• Limited Edition FAN EXPO CANADA™ T-Shirt
• Limited Edition Show Program
• Exclusive Pre-Sale for Celebrity Photo Ops
• Exclusive Pre-Sale on Select Events
• Exclusive Ticket Counter
• Free SINGLE DAY General Admission pass (excluding Saturdays)
to ALL FUTURE FAN EXPO HQ events until, but not including,
FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2018.
So, yeah. Here we go, guys. Next month, we pack and head north!